Pizzas, burgers, fries, and everything that has cheese become the favorite of the tiny taste buds. But, is actually cheese good for toddlers? Let’s find it out if cheese is good for babies and toddlers! There ain’t any child who doesn’t love having cheese. But, you might not know that actually, this milk produced is healthy for the tiny builds.
So, even if it’s the cheesy fries, cheese parantha, or just pizzas- these all have a defined amount of goodness packed if made right. Moreover, it is to keep in mind that everything that is served has to be given in the right quantity & at the right time. So, here you can discover the potential benefits of cheese for babies.
When Is It Okay to Introduce Cheese to Babies?-
As soon as the baby touches the age of 9 to 12 months- he/she is ready to have cheese. However, starting in small portions can solid food forms can help you recognize the likes and dislikes of the baby. Moreover, it gives a concrete idea about the digestive habits & food tolerances of the child. Initially, the baby when weaning-off breastfeeding should be kept on purees and soft foods. However, can then move ahead to solid food to identify new textures and food types.
Nutritional Benefits of Cheese for Babies and Toddlers-
Cheese for babies is a nutrient-dense food that is absolutely health-oriented. Indeed, it is packed with essential nutrients that are much-needed by the tiny builds. Interestingly, the low-lactose levels ensure its safety for children who have an intolerance to milk or lactose. So, it is high in-
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin A
How to Introduce Cheese to Kids?; Recipe Ideas, Cheese Type to Give and Avoid-
So, babies during the toddler age slowly develop their food tastes and thus introducing it gradually is one thing to do. Thus, evolving their taste palettes with a variety of nutritious food wherein you can include different cheese types each time.
Cheese Types to Give to the Baby-
For giving babies cheese, you should always choose full-fat and pasteurized cheese. Thus, pick anyone from the below ones-
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Other cheeses that are clearly labeled "made from pasteurized milk"
Cheese Types to Avoid for Babies-
While you are allowed to start giving certain cheese types to toddlers, there are some restrictions to the reason. Thus, ensure avoiding the below ones-
- Mold-ripen soft cheese
- Ripened goat’s milk cheese
- Blue-veined cheese
- Non-Pasteurized cheese
Recipes Ideas with Cheese for Babies-
So, as a mom, you will naturally explore multiple ways for offering cheese to babies. However, for the initials, here are some ideas to choose from-
- Scrambled eggs with cheese are a great pick of the bunch and the most beloved one of all.
- English muffin pizza is a hit for moms as it ensures giving enough vegetables that get shadowed with delicious cheese on top.
- Potato cheese strips are a fun way of delivering nutritious-filled finger foods that are yummy and cheesy at the same time.
- Cheesy veggie melt; what’s better than this for a healthy meal? So, with this, you don’t have to worry to fill in the little tummy with nutrients as small-cut veggies sauteed in butter and topped with melted cheese are a go.
- Cheesy Pasta is an all-time favorite of tiny tummies. And yes, you can add some veggies secretly too.
To The Bottom Line-
No matter whether you slice it or cut it into cubes or melt it- anyway, it is lovable. So, for toddlers cheese is a thumbs-up as it is jam-packed with health-beneficial nutrients. In addition, it's an easy and yummy protein boost for kids. So, moms try and explore new cheese recipes for kids and we’re sure they’ll love it.
Happy & Fun Eating!